Shopping, Dining, and the Arts Abound in Elephant and Castle Area of London
Local buildings and landmarks include the:
1) Skipton House (part of the Department of Health)
2) Ministry of Sound nightclub
3) Metropolitan Tabernacle
4) Cuming Museum (on Walworth Road).
Some of the main residential neighborhoods include the:
1) Perronet House (an award-winning residential block owned by Southwark Council)
2) Metro Central Heights
3) Strata (43-storey building just south of the shopping centre on Walworth Road).
Are you hungry? Some of the best international restaurants are in this area of town, as well:
– The Cafe at IWM London, Lambeth Road SE1 6HZ (British)
– The Lobster Pot, 3 Kennington Lane SE11 4RG (Seafood)
– El Vergel, 132 Webber Street SE1 (Mediterranean)
– The Sushi Chef, 1 Kennington Lane SE11 4RG (Japanese)
– Flakes, 152 Newington Butts SE11 4RN (Continental)
– Dragon Castle, 114 Walworth Road SE17 (Chinese)
– Brasserie Toulouse Lautrec, 140 Newington Butts SE11 4RN (Brasserie)
– Shaheen, 215 Waterloo Road SE1 8XH (Indian)
– The Electric Elephant Cafe-Gallery, 186a (English)
– The Laughing Gravy, 154 Blackfriars Road SE1 8EN (International)
– Nese Restaurant, 191 New Kent Road SE1 4AG (Turkish)
– La Cabana Del Sur, 191 New Kent Road SE1 4AG (South American)
– Aobaba, 128-132 Walworth Road SE17 1RW (Vietnamese)
– Master’s Super Fish, 191 Waterloo Road SE1 8UX (Seafood)
– Imbibe, 173 Blackfriars Road SE1 8ER (Bar & Grill)
– Gioconda Restaurant, 5-6 Kennington Road (Italian)
– Thai Pavillion East, Thai Pavillion East (Thai)
– Joe’s Kitchen, 5-7 Marshalsea Road SE1 1HL (American)
– Oaka, 46 Kennington Park Road SE11 4RS (Asian)
Finally, the area boasts a number of colleges and universities, such as the London South Bank University campus, the London College of Communication, and the University of the Arts London.
The University of the Arts London hosts many events, seminars, and workshops open to the public during the year and coach hire Elephant and Castle can assist youat any time.. the events include June 24 – July 17, 2015 the Chelsea College of the Arts is showing an exhibit entitled “Re-Recordings: The African-Caribbean, Asian & African Art In Britain Archive” at 16 John Islip Street London SW1P 4JU.
Then, July 28 – August 2015, the Platform Theatre Central Saint Martins will present Jekyll and Hyde. It will be at the Granary Building, 1 Granary Square, King’s Cross N1C 4AA. (For more events and details, visit: http://events.arts.ac.uk )
The Elephant and Castle Minibus hire runs 24 hours a day for your convenience and our customer service is top notch. Our mini-bus and coach bus drivers are knowledgeable and friendly, and we’re chosen above competing mini-bus companies time and time again. Join us for a great trip to Elephant & Castle in London.